We are well into the New Year and yet I catch myself looking back at past challenges that weigh me down and needlessly occupy my thoughts with worries and doubts. There is absolutely nothing I can do about the past. My only productive option is to keep moving forward; otherwise, I’m paralyzed from moving at all. I decided a very long time ago that these insecurities are unhealthy and unproductive, so I put them aside until I feel strong enough to overcome them once and for all.
When I do look back, I appreciate all my cherished memories, lessons learned and focus in on how far I have gone. What helps me to move forward is understanding that I cannot change my past, but I have the ability and control to change my future.
- Reseting my focus to new goals gives me a fresh and reenergized perspective.
- Appreciating everything that I achieved and accomplished last year helps me sustain a healthy and positive mindset.
- Reflecting on struggles and disappointments provides valuable insights on what I need to adjust, work on doing better or changing all together.
- Understanding that I am in control of my thoughts and actions, empowers me to take responsibility for what I do next and where I go from here.
- Sharing my experiences and goals with others provides a valuable network of support.
- Remembering that I am not perfect and will make mistakes, that “life is a journey, not a destination” gives me the freedom and opportunity to learn and grow.
Cheers my friends to an amazing year ahead!