Athletes have coaches because they want to maximize their potential to become the best they can be in their sport. Why then would a professional not utilize the same opportunity … to partner with a coach in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to achieve their personal and professional best.
We cannot possibly be great at everything in business. And because our professional success is closely related to our personal success, the two need to be in line to complement rather than compete with one another.
A coach, unlike a consultant, counselor or mentor, will tap into your individual uniqueness and help you create a process to achieve your goals that is designed and therefore, owned by you. Each coach has an area of expertise or niche that they are knowledgeable and experienced in to assist in providing supportive resources for their clients. And each coach has a toolkit filled with techniques, strategies and assessments to help in discovering, identifying and creating the best process for your ultimate success.
The following are my top 10 advantages to working with a coach:
- Explore your ideas, goals and objectives in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment.
- Brainstorm with someone who is invested in YOU, with no hidden agendas, filters or judgements.
- Your coach will help you design and structure a process, which is uniquely yours, to achieve your goals.
- Being held accountable by your coach eliminates excuses and opportunities to procrastinate.
- Your coach will help you focus on your goals, maintaining a productive rhythm, and intercepting any distractions or obstacles in your way.
- Having a partner championing and cheering you on toward your goals keeps you encouraged and motivated.
- Your coach is a skilled professional who invests their knowledge, experience and talent into YOUR success.
- A regular coaching “check-in” and client feedback ensures both coach and client are on the same page, working effectively and productively together.
- Coaching is designed to unleash your highest potential, to nurture your strengths and unlock your limitations.
- Coaching is a partnership with a client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
If you knew that working with a coach would help maximize your potential for success, WHY NOT COACHING?